OK, so I finally managed to upgrade this main site. Had some issues (as I knew I would because my other sites don’t have blogs), but I managed to resolve them all or found acceptable workrounds, apart from one that is beyond my control (see below re the ROW80 links). The job is now done and can be ticked off the to-do list and possibly I can now find a bit of concentration to return to the painstaking final edit! Should have put the website upgrade down as a ROW80 goal 😉
Anyway, I’ve been a busy bee this week with that, though again getting sidetracked into the ways of Facebook et al. Goodreads is the main time consumer, though sometimes I get interested in a long discussion on the SFF Chronicles forum. Must be more focused!
Talking of SFF Chronicles, I haven’t mentioned that I’ve been entering their competitions for short-shorts. So far, I’ve submitted entries to the January and February 75 word stories, which always set both a theme and a genre, and the January 300 word competition, which seems to use an image as inspiration, at least so far as I can judge. Once each competition closes for voting, I’m officially free to post my entries here, so I’m putting them on the Short Stories page for now. I may reorganise that if it gets too unwieldy. So I’ve done some new writing this week – for the February 75 worder – albeit it wasn’t a great deal. I haven’t received a vote yet, but have been shortlisted by quite a few people and had some nice comments.
Haven’t actually made progress on the ROW80 goals so they are still as per last time:
- Return to the edit and get the next 4 chapters rechecked for the nitpicking edits, by the end of next week.
- Continue the edit and get it done by end March (fingers crossed)
- Work out how to format a Kindle book including the front and end pages and what to put in those
One slight quirk with the website upgrade I’ve had which I don’t know how to resolve is that the script used to display the ROW80 participants information used to be set out with a table framing it, and now isn’t. As that is something to do with how the ROW80 script interacts with the new theme, I don’t have a way of fixing that, so I hope it is still fairly readable. So here they are, those nice ROW80 people: